Yildirim expressed his condolences in connection with the death of the President Karimov
Prime Minister Binali Yildirim expressed his condolences on Friday in connection with the death of the President of Uzbekistan Islam Karimov.
"President Islam Karimov died May Allah rest his soul On behalf of the Republic of Turkey I would like to express deep condolences to the people of Uzbekistan..", - Said Yıldırım at the meeting of the Turkish government in Ankara, which was broadcast on live television.
On Friday morning, the Cabinet of Ministers of Uzbekistan said that Karimov is in critical condition after was hospitalized on Saturday with stroke. Later, Reuters reported, citing unnamed diplomatic sources broadcast news of Alma-Ata of the death of the president of Uzbekistan. The Uzbek authorities have not commented on this information.
Kremlin officials said that they had no news about the health of Karimov.
Moren background from Katehon:
- Lola Karimova-Tillyaeva, the youngest daughter of the President, the Permanent Representative of Uzbekistan to UNESCO;
- Prime Minister of Uzbekistan Shavkat Mirziyoyev;
- Finance Minister Rustam Asimov;
- The head of the National Security Service, Rustam Inoyatov;
- Chairman of the Senate of the Republic, Nigmatilla Yuldashev.
Asimov is described as the most closely related to international financial institutions, and therefore has a better chance of turning Uzbekistan’s policy towards the West. Mirziyoyev, in turn, is considered to be an authoritarian leader who is less satisfied with the West.